Saturday, July 13, 2019

Chaos

I start my externship on Monday, at 8:00AM. I'm excited, but nervous. I know that the situation isn't ideal, because one of my classmates went there before me. And she hated it, and felt like it was not a good externship. But... she's also loud and comfortable getting into people's personal lives, which I won't do. So maybe my experience will be different. Who knows.

I'm anxious about the drug test for my job. The medical review officer has not called yet, because my drug test isn't done yet. But they warned me that they only call ONE TIME. And if you miss the call, they don't call again, they just say you failed the drug test. Which seems TOTALLY unfair, but it is what it is, I guess. So I'm going to tell my externship site on Monday that I am waiting for a direly important call, and that I cannot be put in a room with patients and asked to do vitals alone, because if that call comes in, I have to drop everything. If they don't allow it, I'm doing it anyway. It is just a grade, whereas the other thing is a job. A job that will allow me to keep my kids' roof over their heads. I don't care about externship, in comparison.

I got an Apple Watch, will allow me to see a call when it comes in, even if my phone isn't with me, so hopefully that will help. I just kind of wish I wasn't starting with clinical, because I am anxious as hell about this drug test nonsense. I just want to get it the hell over with.

Tonight is the last night I'm staying up late. Tomorrow I need to go to bed early, because Sunday I have to go to bed at like 10:00PM latest. I have to get up at 6:00AM on Monday, take my meds, and then leave at 7:30 in order to get to my externship on time.

If I could just hurry the hell up and get my damn drug test garbage done for Family Dollar, so I could start working already, I would feel a MILLION times better, I really would.

I gotta go brush my teeth now, and get ready for bed. It's 2:30AM. Tomorrow I don't have much to do, because I ran all my errands today, and did my grocery shopping, and also cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. But I guess I could mop the living room, vaccum the carpet, vacuum the area rugs in the kitchen, and scrub the kitchen floor on my hands and knees again.

I'm counting down the days until my roommate leaves... which I'll write more about tomorrow. Less than a month, thank God! The boys cannot wait for their game room!