Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Blah

Soooo last night I made the decision to change my schedule for Fall Semester. I had originally been signed up for: Medical Law & Ethics, Healthcare Reimbursement & Insurance Billing, Healthcare Management, and the medical assisting version of Anatomy & Physiology, which is a very basic one. I have already taken A&P 1 and A&P 2, which are incredibly difficult at my school, level 100 classes. So the med assist A&P was only online and no lab, it would have been a PIECE OF CAKE. But I'm stupid, and I decided to retake A&P 2. Which is BY FAR the ABSOLUTE hardest class I have ever taken in my entire life. I had to withdraw ONE MONTH before the end of the semester, due to my car breaking down and not having transportation any longer. I had an A average at the time, and had practically killed myself to get it. I was heartbroken and distraught and depressed about it. I didn't want to ever take the class again, honestly. But I NEED it for both Rad Tech & Nursing. I can't do either one without it. I also don't have TIME to take it another semester. Next semester my schedule is packed with med assisting stuff and I won't have time for ANY other classes. I can't do it during the summer because of my externship. And then I'd be starting Rad Tech or Nursing next September. Except, if I haven't done A&P 2 by then, I can't start that September. I'd have to wait until September 2020. I don't have that kind of time. In other words, I really have no choice but to take A&P 2 this semester, no matter how tough my schedule is, or how much I am dreading that class. I wanted to take it alone.. with nothing else. But I can't ): And I HAVE to pass it, because if I don't, I'm dropped from the medical assisting and have wasted a year of my life. Not only that, medical assisting is the job I'm going to be doing while I finish my last two years of school. That's the entire point of taking a year off of my major and doing this medical assisting thing. Literally just so I can have a decent job while I'm in school. Soooo... a LOT is riding on this damn class. I'm nervous as hell.

This is going to be my first semester in the 3 years of college under my belt, where I have NOT ONE CLASS that I am looking forward to. Not one single class. Each one is difficult, and BORING. I have no interest in medical billing or insurance, no interest in medical law & ethics. While I DO have interest in anatomy & physiology, I know firsthand how brutal this class is, so I'm dreading it. I am not looking forward to going back to spending 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week, every single week, for 4.5 months, on this fucking class. It's THAT bad. It really is. I loathe and detest it.

Anyway, on another note, Nicky is also dreading school, but this is nothing new. He cried the entire year. Every morning when I dropped him off he cried, and it broke my heart. I would homeschool him if I could, but I can't. I have to go to school myself, and when I'm done with school, I'll be doing my classes and externships and shit. I literally have no time to do it, even if I wanted to and had the money.

I am also dreading going back to driving Nicky to & from school. I wish there was someone I could carpool with, like I could do both my kid and theirs one way, and they could do the other. But I don't know who else in his class is a walker. I wish I could walk to and from his school, but I can't, because it's up a SUPER steep hill, and I tried and got stuck. My stupid right foot nerve damage makes my foot and ankle freeze up and I can't walk. I hate it.

This week has been like last week, where every single day there is something I have to go do. And I hate it with a passion. Tomorrow I have to go to the laundromat, blech. That is going to suck asshole. I hate the laundromat. Not only is it super expensive, but it takes forever. I think I'm going to look into a portable washer, and then sneak into the laundromat and use the free drying. I know I'm awful. Though I have used that laundromat for over a year now and they get so much money from me. Half the clothes of my own I actually hang dry at home. So really I'd only be drying Nicky's clothes and then our blankets and sheets. Each laundromat trip costs me about $20. Which means that I could pay off a portable washer in literally a couple of months of use. Maybe if I get anything back at all from financial aid, I can get one. If not, I will save even $25 a month for the next 6 months and use whatever I have. OR maybe I can sell some stuff, or do some hair! All I know is that I really want a portable washer, so I can stop spending $100 a month on fucking laundry. It's insane. It's criminal, really, that they make that kind of money off people for something as benign and necessary as clean clothing for their family.