Sunday, July 12, 2015

Principle

I refuse to explain to people why what they did is unacceptable.
Just putting that out there.
I don't care to hear justifications or excuses… I really don't.

If people don't know why what they did was hurtful, then there's no point in explaining it.
I'm not going to.
I prefer to just be left alone, to my own devices, to process and whatever else.
I don't hold grudges, exactly, but I don't forget either.
Forgiveness just means that you're not going to actively hang onto the conflict at hand.
It doesn't mean that whatever happened is just erased, or that the damage is undone.

For me, when things change, they don't ever return to their previous state.
That's not a conscious choice that I've made, or regularly make--it's just how it is.
How I am.
I can't help that.
Which is why I fucking hate when something happens or someone does something that changes how I see them, or feel about them.
Because I can't undo that.

I don't believe in change, per se.
I do not believe people change.
I don't believe people turn into someone else, just because they try to be a better person.
I believe WE ARE WHO WE ARE.
And that's who we will ALWAYS be.
Our actions may change, but who we are at our core does not.