Saturday, April 11, 2015

Animalistic

I hate the way thoughts and emotions feel so prepared in your head, until you attempt to express them.
Words fail to convey them with the eloquence you had intended.
I'd ask why, but what good are rhetorical questions?
Irony though… never fails ;D

The boys & I spent the evening at my mom's house.
It was nice, if not a bit sobering.
Nicky was soooo happy to stand on the deck and look out at the water.
He was super excited when a swan came swimming by.
My mom explained how despite their pretty appearance, they're very mean.
Nicky seemed to accept that without question.

It's somewhat humorous, isn't it--some of the similarities between animals and humans?
I think we all know at least one person with a beautiful surface, who is quite ugly inside.

If you could choose, would you rather be beautiful inside, or out?
I would rather be beautiful inside, as opposed to out.
Without question.
Truly.
I see it like this: sure, life might be easier for attractive people, and they may get special treatment, and exceptions made for them.
BUT, what good is something you didn't earn?
If you don't have any genuine achievements, how do you even know who you are, and what you've really done?
How much can you possibly learn about yourself, and about life, if you are not given the chance to experience cause-and-effect?
If you haven't failed, how do you know when you've succeeded?
How can you grow, without a starting point?
How can you appreciate your abundant blessings, if everything is simply placed in your lap?
I would rather work hard, sacrifice, learn, grow, fall, heal, appreciate who I am, own it, embrace it, and BE ME.